By registering domain names through LWD Internet, you are entering into contracts not just with LWD Internet, but with the domain registration authorities as well. Your registration of a domain name indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to our domain registration terms and conditions as well as those of the appropriate domain registration authority.
- All domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis. Domain names often appear to be available up to 24 hours following registration. For this reason, LWD Internet make no guarantee that the domain names you have chosen are available and can be registered. You are therefore advised not to take any action in respect to a domain name until full registration has been completed and your details are shown in whois query results.
In the event of a domain registration failure due to the domain name having been registered to another party, LWD Internet will refund payment or offer you the opportunity to select alternative domain names.
- Under the terms of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, consumers have a "cooling off" period of 7 working days from the date that the order is placed in which they may cancel orders placed by distance contract. The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 do not apply to business-to-business transactions. The consumer's right to cancel does not apply where goods or services are clearly personalised or made to the consumers specifications, or once service provision has begun.
Domain names are personalised to the consumer's specifications and service provision will begin from the moment the domain name registration is submitted to the registration authorities. Therefore, the consumer's right to cancel does not apply and LWD Internet will make no refund for any domain name registration other than as per Clause 1 above.
- Domain name registrations are normally completed in about 24 hours, but in some cases, registrations may not be completed for up to 72 hours. The length of time it takes for a domain registration to be completed will depend on the domain registration authority, not on LWD Internet. LWD Internet will not accept any liability for delays in domain registration caused by the registration authorities or by any other party that LWD Internet has no control over.
- LWD Internet reserve the right to cancel, suspend or refuse registration in the event of some exceptional circumstances, including in particular: if to do so would put LWD Internet in a position which conflicted with statutory obligations, terms of a Court Order, terms and conditions of the domain registration authorities or the laws of England.
- LWD Internet accept no responsibility for usage of domain names, specifically including where conflict arises with trade marks, registered or unregistered or the right to use a name in any other context. A confirmation of registration is not intended to be evidence of ownership of a particular name.
- The pricing shown on our website is the total amount you will pay for each domain registration or renewal. Once payment has been made at the prices shown on our website, LWD Internet will make no further charges in respect of those domain names until renewal, except where additional services are required for that domain name. Any such charges will be at our discretion. LWD Internet reserve the right to change pricing for domain name registrations and renewals at any time.
- You will ensure that you provide accurate contact details for your domain name registration, and that you keep these up to date. Your email address is particularly important as this is where we will send domain renewal information. If you fail to keep your contact details up to date, you may not receive domain name renewal notices and your domain name may not be renewed. LWD Internet will accept no responsibity for your failure to provide and maintain accurate and up to date contact details, or for any losses incurred as a result of the release or non-renewal of any domain names.
- LWD Internet will send domain renewal notices by email to the email address given as the domain owner / registrant with full instructions for payment of renewal fees. Renewal notices will be sent approximately 60, 30, 14 and 7 days prior to renewal. You are advised to renew your domain names as early as possible. Failure to renew your domain name in sufficient time will result in the release of your domain name. LWD Internet can accept no responsibility for the non-receipt of renewal notices nor for any losses incurred as a result of the release or non-renewal of your domain names.
- All domain registrations are subject to our own terms and conditions as set out in this document, as well as the terms and conditions of the relevant domain registration authorities as shown below:
Nominet Terms & Conditions for all .uk domain registrations